To our valued patients,
We look forward to seeing you at your upcoming dental appointment. We are committed to the importance of helping you maintain your oral and overall health during these challenging times and we are fortunate to be able to continue serving you. Our enhanced screening and safety protocols such as temperature screening, pre and in-person screening, sophisticated HEPA air purification, face shields, glass barriers and very strict sterilization procedures ensure that our dental office is a safe environment. We are monitoring all public health guidelines, regulations and recommendations by our regulatory body, The Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, and ensure your continued health and safety.
We’d like to take this opportunity to prepare you in advance of your dental appointment.
Preparing for your appointment
- Our team carries out a ‘Covid 19’ telephone/email pre-screening in advance of your appointment and again when you arrive at the office.
- You are asked to arrive on time, not early.
- Appointments have been staggered with additional time between patients to allow for physical distancing and additional disinfecting procedures.
- Kindly brush your teeth and use the restroom before you leave home.
- Please BRING YOUR OWN EYE PROTECTION (ie. SUNGLASSES).
- Please do not bring food or drink into the office.
When you arrive
- Please arrive at your appointment alone, unless you require an accompanying parent or caregiver.
- You will be asked to wear a mask to your appointment.
- You will also be asked to use hand sanitizer as you enter the office. We will take your temperature with a non-contact thermometer and repeat your screening.
- Please leave personal items such as cell phones tucked away for the duration of your appointment.
- Please bring your outerwear and belongings into the operatory with you.
Your dental appointment
- We will ask you to use an oral rinse at the start of your appointment.
- When seeing a hygienist for a cleaning, aerosol generating equipment will not be used in most cases. This includes: Ultrasonic scaler (cavitron) which sprays water, tooth polisher, air/water syringe (to rinse and dry teeth).
- You will also notice we’re wearing more personal protective equipment such as gowns, N95 masks, shields/goggles and head caps for everyone’s added safety along with taking our own temperatures twice a day.
- Please use hand sanitizer as you’re leaving the operatory.
We appreciate your understanding and support. Please rest assured that your safety is of utmost importance. We look forward to welcoming you back!